Wednesday 9 December 2009

Thanksgiving Roadtrip 2009 - San Diego (Part 1)

Thanksgiving weekend was nice cos Daddy got to be with us for a nice long weekend. I knew that something was up cos there was packing and my crate that I flew into the US with came out and was cleaned up and i saw my food being packed too.

Before i knew it, i was wooshed into the car! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super fidgety when I'm excited.



Still fidgeting. Trying to look out the front of the car.



Wow...that looks like a long road.



This is me spying from over mummy's shoulder.



See all the STUFF? They pack messy don't they?



After many hours, they stopped for lunch at a Carls Jr that was off Highway 5. And...no, i didn't get any burgers. (Mummy: in case any of you are thinking I was cruel, Benny had his own treats for lunch)



ANd we're off again! Family photo! Cheese!



Fidget fidget.



Still driving...getting sleepy...



Oops, the sun is coming in! Luckily I found a nice shady spot next to my crate.



Zzzz....my nose is getting burnt. =P



I give up. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!



I got restless after about 7 to 8 hours on the road. I jumped onto Mummy's lap. Hey look! There's a nice icy cold drink!



See, more road...ROAD!



Think i'll fall asleep on her lap then.



Oh great, holiday traffic jam. Lasted like....30 mins i think?



Restless. Wonder if I can flop on over to Daddy.



More road! Wow, super highway! 8 lanes in total!



The sun was setting...weather getting cold. Are we there yet?



Oh! we reached the hotel. This is my bed at night so that I don't poo/pee on the carpet.



Its a nice huge crate. =)



Anyway, that's all for Part 1. Better and more interesting photos to come in parts 2 and 3. The next blog entries will show my walk through San Diego (think its along Harbor Drive near San Diego Bay & a walk through Old Town) and also my crazy fun at the Dog BEACH!!!! =P

2 comments:

JulieandCaleb said...

Caleb and I went to the San Diego Dog Beach....it was GREAT FUN! I can't wait to hear all about the fun you had there!

Trishastrove said...

Benny's a really lucky guy ... 'permanent holiday', new sights and long interesting trips ... haha ... love the goofy steps he goes thru before he falls asleep.
Luckiest part is he gets to go to the beach, errr, I mean many, many beaches.

Zoe, after you saw Tania in Oct., do you think her hips/legs will eventually be strong enuf for her to enjoy running on the beach ... though she loves swimming .... think she's bored of the pool already .....

You and Linda have/are still doing a great job with her ! Never dreamt that she'd ever be able to leap into the air :))) !! What an Xmas gift !