Monday 22 December 2008

My Christmas Beach Pawty and BBQ?

Monday the 22nd of Dec 2008 was a really strange day. First Mummy disappeared in the morning and took a long time to come home. I thought I did something wrong...BUT it was actually a SURPRISE!!! =D

She came back with Uncle Z (mummy's older brother) and Aunty J (good friend from church) and Aunty J's dog, Snowy (a jap spitter...oops i mean a jap spitz. hee!).

Anyway, one would expect to go out soon after friends come over right? Or play or SOMETHING....but no...we doggies had to wait while the humans did whatever they were doing. Luckily for aunty J, she was doing something with FOOD! Yippie! So i waited with her. Here she is giving a grin while preparing the food.



Think she will notice me?



How about if I face her and drool on her right foot?



Phooey...this human is too well-controlled. No food from the heavens here...and besides, mummy is watching closely.



After quite a long wait, we suddenly piled into the car. Mummy drove towards daddy's work place and when his work was over, he joined all of us in the car! Oooo!!!!

It was then that I knew we were going somewhere...somewhere FUN! And tahdah! It was back to the beach once again at Sentosa. Daddy was a great daddy and he changed out of his work clothes to join me in the water. See? We are both wet!



I now declare that I'm a lover of the waves and the sea! See me pulling daddy into the water? I'm a waterbaby! Woohoo!



Quack quack!



See? I'm such a good swimmer now! I bet many aunties and uncles are proud of me. =)



Here i am semi-submerged / semi-surfaced.



What? Mummy? Did you say food?



Chey, bluff me. I'll just swim somemore.



Getting tired now. Daddy has to help me occasionally. Its the short legs lah...not efficient for swimming u know.



Look at my little leggies...how to swim like dat???



This is me listening to daddy. He is getting me to sit still so that the waves can lap over me. On the left is auntie J trying to con Snowy (temporarily aka Bolt...see it?) to go into the water. Haha!



Whoosh! Water over me...and uh, yah, Snowy running away.... hee!



I decided to be a good boy and tell Snowy that swimming is fun!



Soon enough I got tired. Cos I also ran along the beach in the sand alot...whew! Tiring stuff! Here's my tired face.



I promptly rolled around in the sand first. How's my sandy face?



How about this handsome angle? =)



Haha! Aw...thanks. I'm cute? =P



How about Snowy's wet look?



Isn't she SMALL????



We soon got rinsed off as best as the humans could manage, then it was back home for a proper shower. Then suddenly we smelt food! It smelt heavenly...thoroughly! yummmmm....

The human men (daddy and uncle L) were making fire. Aunty J hovered around, impatiently waiting to cook her nicely marinated chicken wings and kebabs. Snowy spent most of her time glaring and growling at the neighbour cat (looked strangely like Mittens) and as you can see, I waited patiently while staring hard at the humans and their food.



Status quo.



See the food? Well, Mummy made sure that I didn't get anything except a wee bit of lettuce and some dried doggy chicken breast treats. Which were all great...except, i mean, you know, it didn't smell like what THEY were eating. Phooey.



Happy humans!



Ultimately it was a long but eventful and happy albeit tiring day. THe humans mumbled something about bringing a full change of clothes the next time they bring us and also towels for the dogs and humans. There was also further murmuring about the amount of food, soy sauce and charcoal. Oh and three tongs.

I bet they'll forget. =P

I hope that we do this again soon! Especially the beach portion! Daddy .... I LOVE YOU!!!! *hinthint*

3 comments:

Barn2 (Barnabas Ju-Ern) the Samsengkia said...

Blessed Christmas, Benny....
Wish you could join us for the swim today...without sand and with FOOD! hee hee.

Its ME said...

We love you too Benny and all doggies and human friends. And they call it puppy's love.

I like to see you walk and run and eat(yum,yum)...
swim? (yawn).

Keep in touch, Benny.

Anonymous said...

hee! it was really great getting messy and drooly with you benny! A few more times at the beach and I'll be a champ swimmer like u.. well, maybe less scaredy =)

Mummy's note: great editing of my big beautiful backside Bytheway. haha... luv ya!